
I learned to play the clarinet when I was about twelve years old. I grew up in a small town called High Level, Alberta and fortunately for me they had a great band program that enabled me to gain some musical experience. I used to practice for hours and I loved the challenge of playing in a band because it was so important to play in unison in order for the music to come alive. I used to love performing in front of an audience at concerts! I have not played the clarinet since I was fifteen years old and it is a goal of mine to learn to play again. This is a picture of me before heading off to perform in a concert.
.
.
.
.
.
.
5 comments:
Hi, Sherri. Neat that you have played an instrument and have this proud photo to show what it meant to you. Also, you will build on the strength of having enjoyed crafts with your own children. I wonder if the strange problem with your post - some of it appearing to be cut off - is something unusual in your settings, preferences, etc. For now, don't worry about it but we will try to get to the bottom of it sometime.
That's cool, Sherri! I didn't know that you used to play the clarinet! I used to, too! I tried to learn how to play the clarinet through the Band Program in my school in Grade 4. I wasn't successful at it like you were, though!
Maybe you should have joined the "Music" group instead;)
I love the picture, adds to the image of you playing with all your peers wayyy back in the day. I kid, I kid! I went to a private school from K - 6. I played the recorder for years and had chosen to play the clarinet for my 7th grade year of music. I pretended I dreaded the idea of having to learn the clarinet but I was secretly really excited, not to mention a little concerned with how it would all come together with my mouth full of metal.
Hey Sherri,
That is really neat that you used to play the clarinet. I am wondering why did you pick the clarinet over another instrument? Were you given a choice?
I could have picked any musical instrument that I wanted ... I am not sure why I chose the clarinet but it was one of the quieter instruments to play and it was light weight to carry (that was probably why I chose it ... lol). My best friend played the clarinet as well and we used to practice together a lot.
Post a Comment