Sunday, October 5, 2008

Latte Art

I wanted to share this article that I read in the September 29, 2008 edition of The Prince George Citizen. I thought that this article was relevant to this class because Stuart Ross (the owner of the Bull Dog Coffee in Toronto) is using espresso-based beverages as a canvas to create a connection between his customers and the latte in which they are drinking (meaning making). By expressing his ideas and feeling through the latte art that he is creating, he is putting smiles on the faces of his customers. The article discusses the processes that are involved in the creation of each cup of coffee and the methods and techniques that are employed by Ross throughout each artistic formation. This article also ties in with Marissa's blog regarding art that is often overlooked within our society. Prior to this art class and blogging experience, I probably would not have considered a fancy display on a latte to be considered an art piece. I have really been opening up my mind to all of the art that exists within our society day in and day out. Do you have an experience that you want to share about an art form that you believe is often overlooked within our community?

No comments: