Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Assessment Learning Fair

I wanted to post a picture of the drawing that I created for the Assessment Learning Fair. It was a really great experience to be able to create a visual representation that reflected my view of assessment. It was a very unfamiliar concept for me to describe my views through a visual representation because I normally express my ideas by writing them down on paper. This project required a lot of skill and a deep understanding of the course content because I not only had to create a visual representation but I had to justify what it meant to my peers orally and then justify what it meant to my professor by writing it down. I think that this is an effective strategy to use in the classroom because it provides students with the opportunity to express themselves through their writing, through their words and through their visual representation.

2 comments:

Sara C said...

I like how you tied your assessment model to your unit plan on Ancient Egypt, it really worked and you could defend it too!

Sherri said...

Thanks Sara! I really liked your fish tank ... especially the assessment of scoop.