Casey and I worked together on the Research Platform and we decided to learn more about Daphne Odjig who is a Canadian First Nations Artist. Odjig's art is amazing and throughout the research process I learned that:She was born in the Wikwemikong Reservation on Manitoulin Island in 1919.
Is a self-taught artist who was inspired from her father and grandfather with whom she used to paint with when she was a little girl.
She used media such as acrylics, book illustration, oils, pastels, pen and ink, and printmaking.
Her work as an artist and as an advocate for Aboriginal artists, women and children has been a life-long story of optimism and inspiration.
We decided to create a visual art project for our multimodal presentation of Daphne Odjig by constructing a puzzle out of red construction paper. The center piece of the puzzle contained an image of the legendary Daphne Odjig. The three outlying puzzle pieces each contained a guiding question from our research platform chart.
I think that this is a great tool for students to use when they are conducting research and one that I definitely look forward to trying out in my practicum!
No comments:
Post a Comment